Bored of making chapattis and rotis why not try to make something different today? Let us try making a Lachha paratha today.
Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
salt - 1/4 tsp
Milk - 1 1/4 cup ( use more if required)
Ghee - 1 tbsp each
- Make a dough using whole wheat flour ,salt and milk.
- Knead it into a soft texture
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts.
- Roll out the dough as thin as possible and apply ghee(clarified butter) on both sides.and dry dust with flour.
- From one side fold the flattened dough into a 1 inch strip folding back and forth like folding a fan.
- Now roll in from inside out like a swissroll.
- Gently press the dough out (don't press too hard).
- Flatten out the dough into 5 inch circle.
- Now cook the paratha on a griddle or baking at 400 F
- Flip and cook both side, you will see the layers unfolding.
- Crumple the paratha just before serving.